Music Box Films is seeking a full-time Accounting Associate. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized, and has intermediate bookkeeping and advanced Excel and QuickBooks knowledge. This position requires the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and an eagerness to take on a variety of projects.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Located in Chicago, Music Box Films distributes award-winning and critically acclaimed international and American independent cinema to theaters, institutions and households. We are a small team of passionate film lovers who value hard work, collaboration and creativity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Accounting Associate plays a crucial role in the overall financial health of Music Box Films. It entails both day-to-day task execution and strategic planning. The Accounting Associate assists with the annual budgeting and quarterly royalty reporting processes and manages Account Receivables for Music Box Films’ network of retail, wholesale and exhibition accounts. This role involves significant data processing and analysis. Bookkeeping and budgeting skills as well as Excel or other data processing knowledge are vital.
- Assisting with Billing and Accounts Receivable processes for all areas of the business
- Contributing to Home Entertainment Department operations by managing retail and wholesale order processing, shipping, and billing
- Leading quarterly royalty calculation process for catalog of 160+ films and television series
- Owning data analytics for Music Box Direct subscription-video-on-demand (SVOD) lines of business
- Providing weekly and monthly sales reporting on various lines of business (theatrical, home entertainment, video-on-demand (VOD), physical goods, festivals, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates strong written communication and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of TDS/Hollywood Software a plus, but will train
- Prior film and/or wholesale distribution finance experience a plus
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles, including cash- based accounting practices
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
- Experience using QuickBooks Desktop
- Salary range $45,000 – $50,000 per year based upon experience
- Must be based in Chicago or willing to relocate
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.